Since 1949, Mental Health America has been organizing Mental Health Month during May. The theme for this Mental Health Awareness Month 2022 is ‘back to basics’ – rediscovering healthy routines following the pandemic. In this regard, we at Restworks would like to bring attention to the profound connection between mental health and sleep. Find out more below.
Global mental health in 2022
The Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent lock-downs have harmed the mental well-being of the global population. The cocktail of uncertainty, isolation, blurring of work-life boundaries, and increased pressure on family life have led to a measurable rise in clinical depression, mental breakdowns, and burn-outs. Caregivers are among those who have been hit the hardest with 1 in 2 physicians and 1 in 3 nurses experiencing burn-out.
As of 2022, the pandemic is receding, but we are only beginning to see the after-effects of the lifestyle changes caused by the lockdown. In particular, global sleep health has declined – and this is bad news for the mental health statistics.
Sleep and mental health...
For centuries, parts of the world has switched between DST and Standard Time each year, but there are strong incentives in both the European Union and the US to end the practice. If you ask sleep experts, there are compelling reasons to do so, but for practical reasons, implementing permanent Daylight Savings Time might take a long time.
- Drowsy Driving Prevention Week 2021
- British Study shows Positive Effects of Nap Pods
- Nap pods at Sports Centre Papendal
- Sleep pods at Royal Preston Hospital, UK
- BA’s Forty Winks lounge equipped with nap pods
- HR Awards for Well-being Initiative at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
- Winner Wellbeing Award: “Caring for our staff, caring for our patients”
- Upscale Cienega Spa in L.A. Introduces EnergyPods For Its Premium Treatments
- Are Employee Naps Good for Business?
- The EnergyPod featured in Business Insider
- EnergyPod Installed at Luxury Boston Coworking Space
- It’s Time To Start Taking Naps At Work
- Companies and schools put productivity concerns to rest with napping pods
- Sleeping on the job can improve your work
- University study shows positive impact of MetroNaps EnergyPods
- MetroNaps mentioned in WSJ article on the Future of Sleep
- New Options for Workplace Nap Facilities
We are Restworks
Since 2016, Restworks has been dedicated to helping create better work environments through sleep solutions. We teach businesses about the importance of sleep and offer a variety of products that helps bringing rest into the office.
We have also developed a sleep app, a free version of which can be downloaded in the App Store and on Google Play. We would love to assist your business in building better sleep health.