British Study shows Positive Effects of Nap Pods
A study carried out by staff of the British National Health Service (NHS) has found that installations of Metronaps EnergyPods improve staff wellbeing and engagement.
The research was conducted in high acuity areas of NHS trusts and observed more than 1,000 staff over five weeks. It revealed that 37% of respondents took breaks of 30 minutes over an eight-hour period before the study started, but after the introduction of EnergyPods, this figure rose to 69%. Of those who used the pods during break time, 81% felt more alert and 84% were more energized after using them. Half of users felt more able to drive after use.
One staff member is quoted saying: “I felt calmer, like I’m able to process thoughts better.”
Another stated: “Very calming and relaxing during mid-shift to ease stress.”
The authors of the study conclude:
Nap pods at Sports Centre Papendal
The Olympic flame is lit, and the world’s greatest athletes are up for action in Tokyo. A good sleep strategy is key to winning Gold, and therefore it is no surprise that more sports teams are investing in sleep tech. Among these are the Dutch Olympic Team, who have had three Metronaps EnergyPods installed in preparation for the Olympics.
HR Awards for Well-being Initiative at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
The energy pods were a catalyst to a huge amount of wellbeing initiatives. (…) The EnergyPods created a culture and emphasis on ‘its ok and vital to take a break’.
- Winner Wellbeing Award: “Caring for our staff, caring for our patients”
- Upscale Cienega Spa in L.A. Introduces EnergyPods For Its Premium Treatments
- Are Employee Naps Good for Business?
- The EnergyPod featured in Business Insider
- EnergyPod Installed at Luxury Boston Coworking Space
- It’s Time To Start Taking Naps At Work
- Companies and schools put productivity concerns to rest with napping pods
- Sleeping on the job can improve your work
- University study shows positive impact of MetroNaps EnergyPods
- MetroNaps mentioned in WSJ article on the Future of Sleep
- New Options for Workplace Nap Facilities
We are Restworks
Since 2016, Restworks has been dedicated to helping create better work environments through sleep solutions. We teach businesses about the importance of sleep and offer a variety of products that helps bringing rest into the office.
We have also developed a sleep app, a free version of which can be downloaded in the App Store and on Google Play. We would love to assist your business in building better sleep health.