For centuries, parts of the world has switched between DST and Standard Time each year, but there are strong incentives in both the European Union and the US to end the practice. If you ask sleep experts, there are compelling reasons to do so, but for practical reasons, implementing permanent Daylight Savings Time might take a long time.
Daylight Savings Time (DST) has been intensely debated in recent years. In the US, a large number of states have been determined to abolish the practice, but have lacked Federal approval. With the Sunshine Protection Act of 2021, however, this may change. As of March 2022, the latest bill of the Sunshine Protection Act has been successfully introduced in Congress, but still has a long journey ahead of it before its potential implementation. You can see the current status of the Sunshine Act bill here.
UPDATE 01-November-2023: Federal law still prohibits states from enacting permanent Daylight Savings Time. Efforts to change the law seem to have lost momentum and many state continue...
Beauty sleep: French skincare brand MyBlend has decided to offer visitors an immersive experience by installing a Metronaps EnergyPod at their maison in Paris. Resting here, one can comfortably try their myLEDmask for free. They call it “The Regeneration Room”.
Since 1949, Mental Health America has been organizing Mental Health Month during May. The theme for this Mental Health Awareness Month 2022 is ‘back to basics’ - rediscovering healthy routines following the pandemic. In this regard, we at Restworks would like to bring attention to the profound connection between mental health and sleep. Find out more below.
- World’s largest nap pod installation
- Drowsy Driving Prevention Week 2021
- British Study shows Positive Effects of Nap Pods
- Nap pods at Sports Centre Papendal
- Sleep pods at Royal Preston Hospital, UK
- BA’s Forty Winks lounge equipped with nap pods
- HR Awards for Well-being Initiative at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
- Winner Wellbeing Award: “Caring for our staff, caring for our patients”
- Upscale Cienega Spa in L.A. Introduces EnergyPods For Its Premium Treatments
- Are Employee Naps Good for Business?
- The EnergyPod featured in Business Insider
- EnergyPod Installed at Luxury Boston Coworking Space
- It’s Time To Start Taking Naps At Work
- Companies and schools put productivity concerns to rest with napping pods
- Sleeping on the job can improve your work
- University study shows positive impact of MetroNaps EnergyPods
- MetroNaps mentioned in WSJ article on the Future of Sleep
- New Options for Workplace Nap Facilities
We are Restworks
Since 2016, Restworks has been dedicated to helping create better work environments through sleep solutions. We teach businesses about the importance of sleep and offer a variety of products that helps bringing rest into the office.
We have also developed a sleep app, a free version of which can be downloaded in the App Store and on Google Play. We would love to assist your business in building better sleep health.