Restworks installations have been featured in the news, helping to highlight the importance of napping to wellness and productivity.
How much sleep do I need?
We all know that sleep is important. Considering that we spend up to one-third of our lives sleeping, it is relevant to know just how much sleep we need each night in to fully recover and thrive.
The National Sleep Foundation has recently revised how many hours it recommends by age group:
- Newborns (0-3 months): 14-17 hours each day (previously it was 12-18)
- Infants (4-11 months): 12-15 hours (previously it was 14-15)
- Toddlers (1-2 years): 11-14 hours (previously it was 12-14)
- Preschoolers (3-5): 10-13 hours (previously it was 11-13)
- School-age children (6-13): 9-11 hours (previously it was 10-11)
- Teenagers (14-17): 8-10 hours (previously it was 8.5-9.5)
- Younger adults (18-25): 7-9 hours (new age category)
- Adults (26-64): 7-9 hours
- Older adults (65+): 7-8 hours (new age category)
Assess your sleep quality
Of course, many factors play into how much sleep we need to be at our best. Not only is it important to get...