The Connection Between Sleeplessness and Diabetes
The relationship between diabetes and poor sleep is intertwined in a cycle of sleep disturbances and hormonal changes that can affect a person’s daytime alertness and other physical health issues, such as kidney function and obesity.
Diabetes, a chronic disease, occurs when the pancreas doesn’t produce enough insulin (Type 1) or when the body is unable to effectively use the insulin it produces (Type 2). Insulin regulates blood sugar. Type 1 diabetes typically occurs in childhood. The cause is unknown, and people with this condition have to administer insulin daily since their body doesn’t produce sufficient amounts.
Type 2 diabetes is characterized by adult or childhood onset in people whose bodies were previously able to process insulin. This is the more common type of diabetes, and it is often linked to excess body weight and a sedentary lifestyle. Type 2 symptoms tend to be more subtle than Type 1, so people often don’t know they have...
What to Eat for a Good Night’s Sleep
The food and drink choices we make can affect our sleep in big ways. Avoiding caffeine and heavy meals at night are a good first step but there are foods and drinks that can actually help you fall asleep faster and deeper.
CBD and Sleep: An Overview
CBD supplements now are commonly found in the form of gummies, lotions and oils. Its effectiveness at pain management has been studied for some time now. However, can CBD supplements help you get better sleep?
Understanding Newborn Sleep
If you are a first-time parent, worry and doubt about how long and how often your baby needs to sleep might be causing you some sleepless nights. And as no two babies are alike, even a seasoned parent might be wondering what to make of baby #2 or #5 who isn’t following any of the patterns of their older siblings.
- Exercise and Sleep
- Nap before or after workout?
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS): Causes and Treatment
- Light Box Therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Daylight Savings Time Tips for Parents
- Sleeping during pregnancy
- Sleep to Reduce Anxiety: The Natural Treatment
- Sleep Apnea – Causes and Treatment
- 5 Reasons why hitting Snooze is a No-Go
- Nightmares, Night Terrors, and Sleeplessness
- Best Breathing Exercises for Sleep: Calm the Mind and improve sleep quality
- How to Stop Sleep Inertia – 6 Actionable Tips
- The Relationship between Sleep and Weight Loss
- Are Alarm Clocks Bad for You?
- How much sleep do I need?
- Alcohol and Sleep: What You need to Know
- Common Causes of Insomnia
- Light box therapy for jet-lag
- Why Worry about Sleep Deprivation Among Students?
- Stress and Sleep: How the two Interact
- How to adjust to Your Sleep Chronotype
- Hydrogen Therapy for Muscle Recovery
- Molecular Hydrogen Therapy easily Explained
- Here are the Best Natural Sleep Remedies for a Good Night’s Rest
- Sleep recovery for athletes
- Employees nap more when working from home – and that’s a good thing
- The sleep stigma endures – ending it is more relevant than ever
- Your Employer should encourage Napping at Work – Here’s why
- 10 Great Reasons to get a Massage Chair at the Office
- Blue Light – How does it affect Our Sleep?
- How to rest well, according to a Silicon Valley sleep consultant
- The Essential Guide to creating the Perfect Bedroom to sleep like a Rock
- 22 Famous Nappers: How Napping was these People’s Key to Success
- Pets in bed – is it a good idea?
- Best pillow: Which type is ideal for you?
- Caffeine and Sleep: 3 FAQ’s
- Why do People Snore while Sleeping?
- 12 tips on how to fall asleep right now
- What Temperature should a Bedroom be?
- Sleep Cycles: How the Sleep Stages affect Your Health
- Best length of Time for a Power Nap
- Massage Chairs Beginner’s Guide and Cautions
- The Benefits of Cat Naps
- What is a Coffee Nap?
- What is a nappuccino?
- Time to reinvent the Siesta?
- Restworks’ Power Nap Guide
- The future of the workplace
- Focus on Work Soundtrack