All Restworks articles related to sleep hygiene.
Sleep Deprivation in College Students
Sleep deprivation in college students is common, and can affect academic performance negatively. 70.6% of students sleep less than the recommended 8 hours per week, and only 11% report sleeping well consistently.
Major causes of sleep deprivation include coursework and financial stress, social media and technology, and stimulants, such as energy drinks and alcohol.
Poor sleep quality has been found to severely impact grades and is nowadays the third most common impediment to academic performance after stress and illness. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine reports that students who sleep less than 6 hours a night perform as poorly as someone who has been sleep deprived for 48 hours, as their
memory and concentration are...
Sleeping Late: Is It Bad For Your Health?
Sleep is important for your health, but is sleeping late bad for you? It's a question that many people ask themselves when they are feeling tired in the morning. Although there is no clear answer to this question, here is what research says about how it affects our health.
Exercise and Sleep
Exercise is an important part of a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Not only is exercise good for your physical and mental health - it can also help you sleep better at night. Here we’ve gathered some useful knowledge about the inter-relation between exercise and sleep quality.
Sleeping during pregnancy
Sleeping during pregnancy can be challenging, even for women who have never experienced sleep issues before getting pregnant. Throughout your pregnancy, your body and your life are changing in huge ways – hormone levels surge potentially causing a variety of side effects and you are also mentally and emotionally preparing to welcome a tiny human into your life, whether this is your first baby or your third.
- 5 Reasons why hitting Snooze is a No-Go
- How to work night shift and stay healthy
- Best Breathing Exercises for Sleep: Calm the Mind and improve sleep quality
- How much sleep do I need?
- Alcohol and Sleep: What You need to Know
- Stress and Sleep: How the two Interact
- How to adjust to Your Sleep Chronotype
- Here are the Best Natural Sleep Remedies for a Good Night’s Rest
- Blue Light – How does it affect Our Sleep?
- How to rest well, according to a Silicon Valley sleep consultant
- Pets in bed – is it a good idea?
- 12 tips on how to fall asleep right now
- Restworks’ Power Nap Guide