All articles related to sleep science:
The Connection Between Endorphins, Sleep and Memory
Endorphins are a natural pain reliever that are released in the body when it experiences certain activities. Let’s explore how endorphins work with sleep and what the connection may be between endorphins and memory formation.
Endorphins are a natural pain reliever that are released in the body when it experiences certain activities. On one hand, they can block perception of pain while on the other hand, they can increase feelings of wellbeing. They have been found to increase during times of physical activity, sex and laughter. Endorphins also play an important role in sleep and memory. In fact, they help regulate both processes for better quality of life.
In this post we will discuss how endorphins work with sleep and what the connection may be between endorphins and memory formation.
Read also: Exercise and Sleep
Endorphins and Sleep
There is a strong correlation...
How Menopause Affects and Changes Sleep
During menopause, women can experience poor, disrupted sleep. Hot flashes are among the most common side effect, but sleep can be affected by other sleep disorders that may impact both nighttime and daytime quality of life.
Understanding Adolescent Sleep
Our sleep needs change as we age and during adolescence, teenage sleep undergoes a shift that often works against many expectations set forth by academic and social schedules. It is important to understand how these changes affect children during their middle school and high school years in order to best support their physical health and wellbeing, academic success and extracurricular participation from the arts to athletics to part time jobs.
Sleeping Late: Is It Bad For Your Health?
Sleep is important for your health, but is sleeping late bad for you? It's a question that many people ask themselves when they are feeling tired in the morning. Although there is no clear answer to this question, here is what research says about how it affects our health.
- The Importance of Our Circadian Rhythm
- The Connection Between Sleeplessness and Diabetes
- What to Eat for a Good Night’s Sleep
- CBD and Sleep: An Overview
- Sleep deprivation in health care workers and short rest solutions
- How to work night shift and stay healthy
- Sleep during Covid-19
- The Relationship between Sleep and Weight Loss
- Light box therapy for jet-lag
- How to adjust to Your Sleep Chronotype
- Here are the Best Natural Sleep Remedies for a Good Night’s Rest
- Blue Light – How does it affect Our Sleep?
- Caffeine and Sleep: 3 FAQ’s
- British Study shows Positive Effects of Nap Pods
- Sleep Cycles: How the Sleep Stages affect Your Health
- Time to reinvent the Siesta?
- University study shows positive impact of MetroNaps EnergyPods