Propeaq light therapy glasses
Propeaq glasses can help people working night shifts to control their energy and biorhythm, helping them to lead healthier, more energetic lives.
Propeaq is the only portable system for optimal light therapy. They help irregular shift workers with energy levels, alertness, mood, and health. They are also well-suited for athletes, people with seasonal affective disorder, or anyone else who wishes to raise their energy levels and be able to strike peak performance at exactly the right moment.
- Effectively regulate your biological clock
- Strike peak performance at exactly the right time
- Avoid drowsiness during nightshifts
- Combat Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Mitigate jetlag
- Support your regular sleep pattern
- Improve sleep quality and avoid sleep disorders
- Light therapy and blue light blocking glasses in one
- More portable than a light box
- ACTIVE BLUE LIGHT – The Propeaq blue lenses with active blue light LEDs function like an extra sunrise for the senses. Users’ bodies react by increasing the production of the action hormone, cortisol. Thirty minutes of light therapy is enough to stave off the dip in energy.
- INTERCHANGEABLE LENSES – When it is time to wind down and get ready to sleep, users can easily swap to the orange lenses. The orange lenses blocks blue light which in turn allows the body to start a higher production of the night hormone, melatonin.
- 30-MINUTE TIMED SESSIONS – Half an hour with active blue or orange lenses is all it takes for optimal effect. The glasses conveniently turn off automatically after 30 minutes.
- PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE – The Propeaq ShiftWork app provides personalized schedules for getting the most out of the Propeaq glasses. Users simply answer a few questions and choose their goal for light therapy. Based on their answers, the app generates tips for an optimal schedule with clear usage instructions.
- PATENTED TECHNOLOGY – Propeaq’s light has a wavelength of 468 nanometers at an light intensity of only 35 lux. The bright light LEDs are just over half an inch (1.5cm) from the eyes and are safe for everyday use.*
* In case of diseases of the retina, for example macular degeneration, we do not recommend using the light glasses. Insufficient research has been done into possible damage in these situations.
|Height (H)||40 mm|
|Width (W)||40 mm|
|Length (L)||170 mm|
Micro USB charging cable and travel case with pouch included.
The Propeaq system comes with chargeable batteries and micro USB charging cable which can be connected directly to a PC or charger adapter. A battery indicator on the side of the glasses shows when they are fully charged. Charging takes approximately 2 hours and provides up to 2 hours of use.
To maximize battery life, it is recommended turning of the Propeaq system when not in use. Note also that very cold temperatures can shorten battery life. When working in cold environments, make sure the glasses are room temperature when turned on to ensure best results.
It is recommended not to use the Propeaq glasses:
- for longer than the intended 30 minutes
- in traffic
- in damp or wet environments
The Propeaq system comes with an app which can help you optimize use by determining your chronotype and generate a personal user schedule.
Calculating your chronotype – which is basically a measure of when you are most likely to fall asleep according to your natural circadian rhythm – can help you determine exactly when you should make use the Propeaq system. This again can make shift work much more manageable.
The Propeaq app can be downloaded at the Apple Store or on Google Play.
About bright light therapy
- Bright light treatment involves controlled exposure to bright artificial light.
- A person who suffers from a disorder that can be treated with light therapy should spend some time every day exposed to the light after waking up.
- Some of the disorders where light therapy might be recommended are Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), sleep disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, dementia, circadian rhythm disorders and cognitive dysfunction.
- This therapy is usually administered with a light box that emits 10,000 lux of white or blue light.
- Exposure to light should be total for at least 30 minutes every day to obtain the best results.
How to work night shift and stay healthy
Shift work can take place at night when one should naturally be asleep. Short-term health problems as a result of shift work include decreased concentration and alertness, fatigue and sleep problems during the day. Working irregular shifts for an extended period can cause more serious health problems.
Similarly to a light box, night shift glasses can help mitigate the adverse health effects of shift work. Simply wear the Propeaq light glasses for 30 minutes prior to a shift to increase alertness. At the end of a shift, an orange light setting will promote calm and sleep.
Combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, the Propeaq system and other sleep technology such as light boxes, nap pods and massage chairs can be a valuable tool for increasing health and wellbeing for night shift workers.
Availability & Pricing
Please select a flag at the sidebar.