Sleeping during pregnancy can be challenging, even for women who have never experienced sleep issues before getting pregnant. Throughout your pregnancy, your body and your life are changing in huge ways – hormone levels surge potentially causing a variety of side effects and you are also mentally and emotionally preparing to welcome a tiny human into your life, whether this is your first baby or your third.
It is easy for people around you to joke that the poor sleep you may experience during pregnancy is just practice for when you bring home a newborn. However, good quality sleep and enough of it is especially important while you are pregnant. In fact, a study has shown that women who got less than 6 hours of sleep per night labored longer and were 4.5 times more likely to have a cesarean delivery.
What are some sleep issues I might experience during pregnancy?
Among other discomforts during pregnancy, many women experience sleep disturbances. Fortunately, most of these are temporary and resolve on their own at some point during or after your baby is born. These may include:
- Nightmares, Night terrors and Sleeplessness
- Best breathing exercises for sleep
- Exercise and Sleep
- The Relationship between Sleep and weight loss
- Are Alarm Clocks Bad for You?
- How much sleep do I need
- Alcohol and Sleep – What you need to know
- Common Causes of Insomnia
- Light box therapy for jet lag
- Stress and Sleep: How the two interact
- How to adjust to your sleep chronotype
- Hydrogen Therapy for Muscle Recovery
- Molecular Hydrogen easily explained
- Here are the Best Natural Sleep Remedies for a Good Night’s Rest
- Sleep recovery for athletes
- Nap Before or After Workout?
- Employees nap more when working from home – and that’s a good thing.
- The sleep stigma endures – ending it is more relevant than ever
- 3 reasons why your employer should encourage napping at work
- Blue light and Sleep
- How to rest well, according to a Silicon Valley consultant
- 22 famous nappers: How napping was these people’s key to success
- Light Box Therapy for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Pets in bed – is it a good idea?
- Best pillow: Which type is ideal for you?
- Caffeine and Sleep: 3 FAQ’s
- Why do people snore while sleeping?
- 12 tips on how to fall asleep right now
- What Temperature Should a Bedroom be?
- Sleep Cycles: How the Sleep Stages affect Your Health
- Best Length of Time for a Power Nap
- Massage Chairs Beginner’s Guide and Cautions
- The Benefits of Cat Naps
- What is a Coffee Nap?
- What is a nappuccino?
- Time to reinvent the Siesta?
- Restworks’ Power Nap Guide
- Sleep pods at Royal Preston Hospital, UK
- The Future of the Workplace
- Focus on Work Soundtrack